The Business Analyst (BA) has the primary role to collaboratively work with leaders in our Business and IT areas to identify and document business flows, ideas, issues, opportunities and translate into requirements. The BA will continue to partner with all Business and IT teams throughout the development and project deployment process to make sure the requirements are being satisfied. As work unfolds and changes need to be made, the BA also has the critical role of supporting the Project Manager with effective issue resolution with all stakeholders as we follow the change process.
Education and Experience
1. A four year degree in Information Technology or related degree (or equivalent experience) and five years’ experience as a Business Analyst, preferably in transportation.
2. Cross-functional facilitation experience with a variety of stakeholders.
3. Business Process Development experience combined with the demonstrated ability to work one on one or in groups with end users to elicit business requirements in a relationship-based manner.
4. Ability to effectively illustrate design, development, and testing process both to our Business partners using non-technical jargon as well as IT partners for technical delivery.
5. Strong situational awareness, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
6. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
7. Excellent communication skills (written, listening and verbal).
8. Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with a variety of people and cultures, within ATS business units as well as external customers, partners and suppliers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Business relationship management
a. Consult and partner with business process owners to continuously improve processes
b. Work with appropriate partners to develop and refine business requirements aligned to organizational strategy.
c. Provide the interface between the technical resource pool and business partners.
d. Build strong relationships with the project team members to identify and resolve issues within the project team.
a. Facilitate Process Mapping exercises to identify current state and then assist in identifying improvement areas.
b. Plan, conduct and facilitate the analysis of complex business issues to be solved with process changes and information systems.
c. Engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously and maintain ongoing awareness of project requirements.
d. Conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem solving capabilities.
e. Lead and participate in a variety of project requirements gathering activities including gathering and documenting user requirements utilizing established departmental practices and templates.
f. Keep project meetings to a cadence to motivate and keep project team members focused.
g. May engage in process and application testing, documenting issues and resolutions.
a. Create documentation such as policies, procedures, workflows, process maps, and user guides.
b. Work with end users and developer resources to keep documents up to date during project life cycle.
c. Coordinate the organization and retention of that document repository.
d. Assist current IT staff in recording existing processes and organizing that knowledge base.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $110,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location