Full-time: 40 hours per week
Primary Team Leader: Logistics Manager
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt, Full Time, Benefits Eligible
Direct Reports: None
JOB SUMMARY: Assists the collection driver during daily route collection by loading, securing and unloading building materials and furniture. Ensure donors receive professional service.
- Represents Habitat ReStore in a professional manner when dealing with donors, fellow staff members, and the general public.
- Communicate effectively with donors and coworkers to ensure the efficient operation of collections
- Assists collection driver in donor communication with smartphone during daily route.
- Serves as ground guide during all backing operations of the collection vehicle.
- In coordination with collection driver, conducts on-site screening of all donated items, refusing unacceptable items and providing referrals where possible.
- Loads and secures from damage donated materials from around the Greater Kansas City area, honoring the schedule and arrangements made with donors; unloads those materials in coordination with the receiving supervisor.
- Completes and submits receipts and reports as directed.
- In coordination with collection driver, performs preventative maintenance and upkeep on ReStore vehicles.
- Provides field supervision to any staff members assigned to the position.
- Serves as warehouse associate when all collections duties are fulfilled for the day, under the supervision of the receiving supervisor.
- In coordination with the collection driver, helps to maintain equipment stored on trucks as defined on the driver checklist.
- Must always be in compliance with DOT rules and regulations by always wearing a seatbelt when riding in the collection vehicle.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Exercises good judgment and work ethic whether on-site or in the field.
- Good customer relation skills.
- Ability to operate basic materials handling equipment: pallet jack, 2-wheel dolly, 4-wheel dolly.
- Must have basic computer skills and ability to operate a smartphone.
- Familiarity with building materials is a plus.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or equivalent at least 18 years old
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB:
- Ability to perform a physically-demanding job on a daily basis, regularly lifting at least 70 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individuals may be required to sit or stand as needed. The position may require walking primarily on a level surface at various times throughout the day. The individual may reach above shoulder heights or below the waist or lift as required to file documents, store materials or move materials on the job site throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques are required. Individuals may be subject to intermittent moderate noise levels.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is demonstrated by our competitive compensation (commensurate with experience). We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees and strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.