DEVELOPER, IT DATABASESomerville, Massachusetts, United States of America
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy and all genders are welcome. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
- Work with development and app support teams to model and write efficient SQL.
- Train team on advanced SQL concepts, techniques, and best practices.
- Assist with monitoring of production activity with an eye towards modeling and query updates that may lead to improved performance.
- Provide guidance and assistance on SQL object source control, as well as deployment scripts.
- Develop and QC queries for mass updates, as well as purging and archiving.
- Work with vendors and IT team on new database implementations and query tuning.
- Contribute to database documentation and other technical artifacts.
- Assist with implementation and migration to cloud infrastructure.
- Coordinate with and backup the production DBA on database and system configuration.
- Assist with identification and handling of PII data.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience data modeling or as a DBA.
- Expert level skills in data modeling, indexing, query writing and stored procedure design, preferably with Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle.
- Excellent ability to read and evaluate execution plans.
- Experience troubleshooting performance and blocking issues.
- Strong understanding of advanced SQL techniques, such as common-table expressions, window functions, merging, etc.
- Excellent ability to convert cursors and row-based operations to set-based operations.
- Understanding of Development Lifecycle Management, DevOps tools, technologies and techniques preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and short timelines
- Must be detail oriented and self-managing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, both technical and user focused.
- Relies on experiences and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Encore Global Nashville, TN Today