We are seeking a Dietitian for a skilled nursing facility.
The primary purpose of the Dietitian is to help promote healthy eating habits to prevent and treat illness through supervision of food preparation and service, dietary modifications, and education.
- Evaluate the health and diet needs of patients
- Calculate patient nutritional requirements
- Analyze nutritional content of food
- Educate other healthcare professionals about food and nutrition
- Conduct dietary, nutritional, and epidemiological research
- Monitors and records patients’ eating patterns
- Interact with the Food Service Director to ensure that every meal is made in accordance with the nutritional guidelines
- Must be a Registered Dietician (Required)
- Skilled Nursing Facility (Preferred)
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition & enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing food practices.