Job descriptionThe New York City Administration for Children’s Services is seeking an exceptional candidate for the position of Institutional Aide at Horizon Juvenile Center. Under immediate supervision, Institutional Aides perform work of ordinary difficulty in the area of institutional housekeeping and service; perform related work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Clean floors, offices, classrooms, youth’s housing areas, locker rooms, lounges, stairs, hallways, entrance ways, bathrooms, porter closets, laundry room, storage areas, windows, water fountains, furniture, miscellaneous fixtures and all program service areas.
- Polish metal, clean walls and remove graffiti; sweep, mop, strip, wax and polish floors; vacuum and shampoo rugs. Responsible for sanitation, garbage collection and disposal.
- Move or transport furniture, equipment and other institutional material such as records and supplies; load, unload, check off and store supplies; issue and replenish supplies in housing areas and other areas.
- Pick up and deliver housing area linen; pick up, wash, dry, fold and return the youth’s clothing.
- Maintain grounds, perimeter sidewalk and outdoor recreation yards; cut lawn and shrubs, shovel snow and spread salt.
Minimum Qual RequirementsQualification Requirement
Ability to read and write English and to understand and carry out simple instructions.
Preferred SkillsThe ideal candidate should have excellent communications and interpersonal skills, and should ensure professional and courteous services are provided at all times.
Additional InformationSection 424-A of the New York Social Services Law requires an authorized agency to inquire whether a candidate for employment with child-caring responsibilities has been the subject of a child abuse and maltreatment report.
The City of New York and the Administration for Children’s Services are Equal Opportunity Employers Committed to Diversity
To ApplyClick "Apply Now" button
Residency RequirementNew York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
ZS Associates Evanston, IL 60201 Today
MedCerts Florida Today
Scope Services Inc Today
HMSHost operating at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport Austin, TX 78719 $15.50 an hour 8 days ago
Oculus Search Partners LLC Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD Today