Manager in Training (MIT)
SPEC Building Materials Corporation is recognized as one of the nation’s leading wholesale
distributors of quality building materials and equipment for both the commercial and residential
roofing contractor. Since 1973, SPEC Building Materials Corporation a family-owned and
operated business has strategically grown to thirty-five convenient branch locations in markets
throughout the Midwest, the South, and the Southeastern regions.
We’re in search of team leaders who would like to run a business as if it were their own.
Manager in Training (MIT) is a two to a three-year training program designed to allow the associate to learn every segment of our business and culture. Once training is successfully
completed, the candidate will have an opportunity to run his or her own branch.
- Customer Service/ Counter Sales Training
- Residential and Commercial Product Training
- Inventory Management & Cost Control
- Logistics & Warehouse Management
- Branch Manager Training
- Outside Sales Training
- Leadership Training
- Preferably a 4 year BS in Marketing/Sales, Business Degree
- Two years of Industry (or) Industry related experience in Building Materials
- Two years of work experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Have the entrepreneurial spirit, be self-motivated and enthusiastic about our
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Detail-oriented and possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Analytical and able to solve problems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ethical and honest.
- Willing to travel 90% of the time during the training program
- Dependable and have a current state-issued driver’s license with a satisfactory
- Legally entitled to work in the United States
- Able to pass a company-required drug test.
- Read, speak and write the English language to communicate with vendors,
customers and other branch employees.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Houston, TX 77017: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Inside sales: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location