WashREIT is a publicly traded company transitioning from a diversified REIT into a pure multifamily REIT and expanding from the DC metropolitan area into Southeastern markets. We’re growing for sure!
To support our transition into multifamily and our growth into the Southeast, we have created a new position for a Multifamily Real Estate Analyst to join our Asset Management team. The individual in this position will be responsible for executing our revenue and pricing strategy. This position works closely with the property management team and is involved in all aspects of residential asset and property management.
You are a good fit if you have a recent degree in finance, economics or real estate and have a passion for the real estate industry, strong analytical and Excel skills and like to work in a team environment.
In this role, you will be working a flexible 3/2 (office/remote) hybrid schedule.
- Maximize revenue by developing and executing pricing strategy with daily pricing responsibilities.
- Research pricing decisions produced by pricing management software and property management team.
- Develop and test PowerBI reporting that assists the team in evaluating pricing strategy.
- Conduct market research and benchmarking for portfolio.
- Support all aspects of pricing, renewal, and expiration management.
- Develop, communicate, and execute on new Asset Management initiatives.
- Propose revenue assumptions for the annual budget on a property-by-property basis.
- Assist in the creation and development of policies and procedures.
- Evaluating and testing proptech.
Financial and System Management
- Assist leadership team with data analysis in preparation for quarterly earnings calls and board meetings.
- Support utilities and property tax management and tracking.
- Test and document the implementation of Yardi CRM.
Acquisitions & Dispositions
- Contribute to the firm's due diligence efforts on potential investments & developments.
- Provide support in closing of acquisitions/dispositions.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, real estate or related field experience in residential real estate
- Experience with performing data analysis
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Possess a curiosity and interest to continuously seek improvements in work processes that will add value to the organization.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work individually, collaboratively and meet firm deadlines.
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to champion through daily interactions.
- Champions commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging initiatives.
WHO IS WashREIT?
WashREIT, publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol WRE, owns approximately 8,200 residential apartment homes in the Washington, DC metro and the Southeast. WashREIT also owns and operates approximately 300,000 square feet of commercial space in the Washington, DC metro region. We are focused on providing quality housing to under-served, middle-income renters in submarkets poised for strong, sustained demand. With a proven track record in residential repositioning, we are utilizing the experience and research from the Washington, DC metro region to continue to grow as we geographically diversify into Southeastern markets. We are targeting the deepest demand segments in submarkets with the greatest probability of rent growth outperformance and tailoring our specific investment strategy to best create value.
WHY WORK AT WashREIT?
- We’re team players! We value our open culture working in a collaborative environment that values interdisciplinary teamwork, creative ideas and uncommon solutions.
- We practice corporate responsibility! Our focus on sustainability creates positive environmental, social, and ethical impacts in the regions where our residents live.
- We are creative, committed, and ambitious! Our flat organizational structure facilitates frequent, meaningful interactions with company executives, and our commitment to teamwork and entrepreneurial spirit enables employees at every level to conceptualize ideas and make them happen.
- We provide outstanding compensation and benefits! You will be paid well for your work, with a competitive wage and will be eligible for incentive compensation based on your efforts and company performance. Our flex vacation policy gives you the flexibility to take the time off when you need it and our hybrid work schedule respects your work/life balance.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging! We believe diversity drives innovation. Companies that are diverse are proven to be better companies. We are building a culture where differences are valued and creating an environment for people to do what they do best while learning, growing, and affecting company change through meaningful contributions.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must be fully vaccinated by their start date, and have obtained a booster shot no later than their eligibility or thirty days from hire (if eligible).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)