MidSouth Pain Treatment Center, a PartnerCare Affiliated Company, is looking for a wonderful teammate to join our team as the Office Manager at our Cordova, TN location! We offer competitive wages, benefits that protect you and your family, and a 401(k) plan with a match to help you prepare for your future. We are also dedicated to building the work environment where our people grow and thrive. We want you to be a fan of where you work!
What We Do
Our mission is to deliver comprehensive care to help musculoskeletal, and pain management patients live their best lives possible. We do this by working as a team, striving to embody our values. With the right talent and strategy, we will continue to raise the bar in our industry, living our mission and delivering best-in-class services to our partners.
Who We Are
We believe we will be successful in our mission by living by a set of values we hold in high regard that drive what we do every day. The values we believe in and that you can count on are:
- Compassion. We genuinely care for the well-being of our patients and one another. We treat others with dignity, kindness, and respect.
- Excellence. We are a performance-driven organization committed to excellence in service and patient outcomes. We work to be the best version of ourselves each day.
- Integrity. We value honesty and transparency. We openly communicate in pursuit of truth. We build our reputation and positively impact our industry by doing what is right.
- Teamwork. We are one team with a shared vision of success. We work collaboratively to deliver on our promise to our partners and our patients.
- Accountability. We are accountable to each of our stakeholders for our decisions, actions, and results.
- Growth Mindset. We seek to constantly grow and evolve, being adaptive to the changing market and responsive to our customer expectations. We invest in the talents of our team, providing pathways for personal and professional growth.
Together, we will become the most trusted musculoskeletal and pain management organization. Our organization will grow rapidly, and we will maintain a culture of high performance.
Success will be the result of the team.
How You Contribute and Succeed
The Office Manager will orchestrate the daily operations of the clinic. This will include such duties as:
- Creating a warm, inviting environment for patients and teammates
- Facilitate communication and relationships with teammates, providers and other departments
- Documenting and training teammates on processes and procedures
- Reinforcing standards with teammates
- Organizing the office to ensure everyone has the equipment and tools needed
- Evaluating the patient flow of the clinic, identifying “pain points” and engaging the team in continuously improving the operations of the clinic
- Manage employee and provider schedules
- Produce reports and use data to inform your decisions, such as patient volume and budget numbers
- Ensure safety and privacy measures are implemented and followed
- Manage local building issues
- Address patient inquiries and complaints
The right person for this role will delight in providing a great experience to the patient, will have a curious mind that always looks for a way to improve, and be compassionate for patients experiencing chronic and/or acute pain. To be successful in this role, the person will be a great team member, working together with others and rolling up their sleeves to get the work done, kind and friendly, open to feedback for growth, and a role model of our values.
This role is key to our success, so we do require at least 3 years of experience managing a clinic.
If this sounds like you, we’d love the opportunity to talk with you further about joining the team!
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required, with advanced degrees in Business Administration or Healthcare Administration required
- At least 3 years of directly applicable experience managing a clinic.