SGCS is seeking a Site Project Manager with experience managing construction projects in an industrial setting acting on the Owner’s behalf on installations being performed by a General Contractor, subcontractors and vendors. Responsibilities include managing an assigned project and auditing the work operations to ensure the General Contractor’s work is completed safely, on schedule, with the required quality, and within budget while ensuring compliance with the Owner’s processes.
The responsibilities of this position include coordinating and communicating all planned work operations with the appropriate Plant Representatives and the installation contractor, reporting progress and concerns to the Owner’s Project Manager, writing and posting daily reports, attending weekly progress meetings, and organizing the formal weekly safety and housekeeping walk-throughs of the work areas.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and providing comments on bid packages for construction and equipment installation projects.
- Participation in the pre-bid and bid qualification processes and the pre-construction meetings after award.
- Being the single point of contact at the site with the General Contractor on behalf of the Owner, while monitoring the project activities to meet the project requirements and milestones.
- Acting as primary contact for project activities; liaison with Owner regarding contract changes/ modifications, staffing, scheduling and technical performance.
- Review and provide comments as required on contractor safety submittals including job-site safety plans, safety disciplinary policies, pre-task plans, safety incident and injury reports including near misses, and Safety Data Sheets (SDS’s).
- Promoting the highest degree of safety and ethics standards at the project site. Reviewing the contractor’s work operations to ensure compliance to all Owner, OSHA and State and Labor Department policies and guidelines including the Owner’s Construction Safety Program and Special Safety Conditions.
- Directing the General Contractor in the successful execution of officially approved changes/ modifications of the contract.
- Monitoring contractor delivery and use of materials, tools, and equipment; worker safety and productivity; and the quality of work.
- Monitoring project progress, incorporate resolutions to potential project delays, and communicate project status to management on a timely basis.
- Preparing written daily reports and other reports as assigned.
- Directing the investigation and resolution of operational problems in conjunction with other management, technical and support personnel.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred; or equivalent training and experience
- Ten (10) years of experience in Construction/ Construction Management
- Four (4) years of experience on Industrial Projects- Automotive experience is preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel)
Working knowledge of MS Project scheduling software would be a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Project management: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location