Symetra has an exciting opportunity to join our Mortgage Loans team as a Senior Loan Servicing Portfolio Associate!
About the role
The Senior Loan Servicing Portfolio Associate performs loan servicing functions at an advanced level, supervises some servicing operations, updates and outlines procedures, coordinates special projects, mentors and trains junior team members, and runs a lot of high visibility reporting. Someone with advanced/expert Excel skills, outstanding attention to detail, and inquisitive mind who is highly organized will be most successful in this type of role!
What you will do
- Coordinate and assign daily loan boardings to boarding team; board more complex loans and assist with other boardings as needed, perform daily NOI uploads, perform admin and global changes in servicing system of record
- Perform transcript reviews of newly boarded loans, perform monthly transcript review verification and correction for submission to Internal Controls, data entry in records management system, electronically storing the loan documents. Perform monthly transcript review completion/correction verification and submit to Internal Audit. Assist manager with review and approval of reconveyance requests in First American lien release system (Flexter)
- Track and complete specific types of loan events; including lease reviews, deferred maintenance, holdbacks, and casualty claims. Correspond with mortgage bankers and borrowers that are providing and seeking information
- Provide review and analysis support on complex annual loan events (operating statements, rent rolls, inspections reports), provide guidance to interns and less experienced team members, and runs daily tracking reporting for submission to management. Prepare and send annual documentation request letters to non-serviced loan borrowers
- Special projects and assignments including outlining and updates to servicing operations procedures and system changes, back-up assistance as needed on cash management functions such as posting cash, wire and check set up in CDS Mainframe, loan allocations, preparation of payoff quotes and prepay estimates, supports MLD management with new hire onboarding related to ordering of equipment and system software, assist servicing operations new hires with system and application set-up, procedures and system training
What we offer you
Benefits and Perks
We don’t take a “one-size-fits-all” approach when it comes to our employees. Our programs are designed to make your life better both at work and at home.
- Flexible full-time or hybrid telecommuting arrangements
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan and take advantage of immediate vesting and company matching up to 6%
- Paid time away including vacation and sick time, flex days and ten paid holidays
- Give back to your community and double your impact through our company matching
- Want more details? Check out our Symetra Benefits Overview
Salary range: $26.75 - $44.62 per hour, plus eligibility for incentive annual bonus program
Who you are
- At least three years of related experience, i.e. real estate, mortgage loans, or financial experiences within an administrative, coordinator or analyst setting
- Strong Excel and reporting skills; analytical and tech savvy who is comfortable learning new platforms and systems
- Highly organized and works well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Uses initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines
- College degree is a plus
We empower inclusion
At Symetra, we’re building a place where every employee feels valued, respected, and has opportunities to contribute. Inclusion is about recognizing our assumptions, considering multiple perspectives, and removing barriers.
We accept and celebrate diverse experiences, identities, and perspectives, because lifting each other up fuels thought and builds a stronger, more innovative company. We invite you to learn more about our efforts here.
In a complex industry, we strive for clarity.
Symetra is a dynamic and growing financial services company with 60 years of experience and customers nationwide. In our daily work delivering retirement, employee benefits, and life insurance products, we're guided by the principles of VALUE, TRANSPARENCY AND SUSTAINABILITY. That means we provide products and services people need at a competitive price, we communicate clearly and honestly so people understand what they're getting, and we build products that stand the test of time. We work hard and do what's right for our customers, communities, and employees. Join our team and share in our success as we work toward becoming the next national player in our industry.
For more information about our careers visit www.symetra.com/careers.
Employer work visa sponsorship and support are not provided for this role. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at hire and must maintain authorization to work in the United States throughout their employment with our company.