Requisition No: 702905
Agency: Department of Education
Working Title: VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION TECHNICIAN - 48004276
Position Number: 48004276
Salary: $2,600.00 Monthly
Posting Closing Date: 08/13/2022
DIVISION OF VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION
AREA 2, Unit 08C/Orange Park, FL
VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION TECHNICIAN
Position Number: 48004276
Minimum Hiring Salary: $2600.00 Monthly
- The salary may be negotiable dependent upon years of experience, education level and available salary rate.
All "gaps" of employments must be addressed when applying to this job announcement
Our Mission is "to help people with disabilities find and maintain employment and enhance their independence." Our Vision is "to become the first place people with disabilities turn when seeking employment and a top resource for employers in need of qualified employees."
This position works in the Orange Park Office as a Vocational Rehabilitation Technician
VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION TECHNICIAN
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Experience in a counseling, job placement, job coaching or public vocational rehabilitation program can substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
This position typically hired at the broadband salary minimum of $2,600.00 per month. The salary may be negotiable dependent upon years of experience, education level, critical need and available salary rate.
BACKGROUND SCREENING REQUIREMENT
It is the policy of the Florida Department of Education that applicants for employment undergo level 2 employment screening in accordance with the requirements of Chapter 435, Florida Statutes, as a condition of employment or being permitted to serve as a volunteer.
All applicants for employment or to volunteer who are selected for an interview will be provided with the Consent to Background Screening form for level 2 screening, the Affidavit of Good Moral Character, and the Notice of Rights. The leading candidate for employment or to volunteer will be required to execute the Consent form and Affidavit, report to a designated location, and submit fingerprints for level 2 screening.
No applicant for a designated position will be employed or permitted to volunteer until the level 2 screening results are received, reviewed, and approved by the Department.
Level 2 background screening shall include, but not be limited to, fingerprinting for statewide criminal and juvenile records checks through the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, and federal criminal records checks through the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and may include local criminal records checks through local law enforcement agencies.
(Note: The omission of specific job duties does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.)
This is professional work assisting Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors with casework providing services to eligible individuals with disabilities related to the coordination of consumer activities or special projects and in compliance with Federal and State requirements, and monitoring client/reimbursement activities.
This position is expected to perform these duties with a minimum of direct supervision:
- Works directly with customers by obtaining referral information
- Assists VR Counselors with interviews
- Makes referrals for appointments
- Completes the VR applications and assesses resources
- Implements necessary procedures to acquire additional information needed including vocational, psychological, and medical information
- Maintains ongoing contact with customers through review of customer records and field visits to determine case service status
- Conducts thorough search for customers where contact has been lost through all means known to the agency
- Communicates with vendors, staff, community rehabilitation providers, community/One Stop partners, and employers to expedite services for new and existing customers
- Schedules customer services identified in the Individual Plan for Employment (IPE) or case record
- Coordinates necessary transportation
- Assist customers with purchasing of equipment, tools, supplies, clothing, licenses
- Assists counselor with job placement and follow-up services
- Assists counselor in identifying, and customer in obtaining comparable benefits
- Obtains third party refunds and reimbursements
- Processes automated case service expenditures in accordance with state and federal regulations and policies
- Provides administrative support and/or technical assistance to professional staff such as:
- processing data
- routine technical reports to aid in the completion of casework and to facilitate caseload management
- documents activities in customer case record
- responds to routine community inquiries and participates in community education and job fairs and other assigned activities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
(Note: The knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA's) identified in this class specification represent those needed to perform the duties of this class. Additional knowledge, skills and abilities may be applicable for individual positions in the employing agency.
- the principles and techniques of effective communication
- interviewing techniques
- Word and the Rehabilitation Management System
- methods of compiling, organizing and analyzing data
- maintain confidentiality regarding information on internal and external customers.
- access and use automated systems
- interview clients to identify needs
- provide information and referral services
- locate and develop community resources
- plan, organize and coordinate work activities
- actively listen to others
- communicate effectively
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- State of Florida Retirement package – 3% employee contribution required
- 10 Paid Holidays annually
- 104 Hours of Paid Annual Leave annually
- 104 Hours of Paid Sick Leave annually
- Health Insurance for Individual or Family Coverage – State pays 80% of premium
- Life Insurance – State pays 80% of premium
- Additional supplemental insurances available such as dental, vision, etc.
- Tax Deferred Medical and Child Care Reimbursement Accounts available
- Tax Deferred Savings Program available through payroll deduction
Benefits information can be found on the following websites:
Insurance Benefits: http://www.myflorida.com/MyBenefits
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS EFFECTIVE 7/01/02
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Certain service members may be eligible to receive waivers for postsecondary educational requirements. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.